Sunday, January 30, 2011

I have followers! Two of them!

Hello to my two followers. Thank you for reading my blog. I really hope you can inspire me because lately I am just stuck. This weekend was filled with lots of hard work but no working out. I had intended to walk on the treadmill again this weekend and I didn't do it. I did clean the whole house on Saturday though, does that count? I also listed a ton of stuff on Ebay in our store - but that was basically me sitting on my butt.

Quite a few times this weekend my body ached. I know it's the weight. I get it. Lose the weight, you'll feel better, you'll look better, you'll have better self esteem, you'll fit into all that clothes you own (all that cute stuff!), you'll be healthier. Should I keep going?! Nah.... I know this stuff. I feel it all the time. I feel it every single time I over-eat or I run around with my kids and I get out of breath, or I tell my four year old that I can't pick her up and dance with her because she is too heavy for me. Well, if I lost all this damn weight I could carry her around.

I just don't know why I can't do this. Maybe it's because I went for a physical in December and all my blood tests came back OK. When the nurse called with my results she said, and I quote, "the doctor said to keep doing what you're doing, you're doing great!". Ummm... really? I'm obese! How is that great? I did tell the doctor that I was doing Weight Watchers (because I was at the time), and she said that was "great". So maybe that is what the nurse meant when she said to keep doing the same thing - "keep losing the weight, dummy, don't GAIN it!.

I can't keep coming up with excuses. Nothing tastes as good as thin feels. It's true! I've been there. I was a size 12 and I loved it! Heck, I would settle for being a size 14 now. I figure after having two kids a size 14 would be something to be proud of. I want to have a neck. I want to have one chin. I want to not look like I am pregnant. I want to be pretty. Confession, I want to fit into my wedding dress again. Not because I will wear it anywhere (maybe grocery shopping like that chick in the Progresso Soup commercial - ha!), but I want to put it on and zip.it.up. I want to show it to my daughters and see what they think of it. They probably won't be impressed though. haha!! Seriously if you knew my girls you would laugh out loud at that because my oldest would probably not have any reaction at all. But I would. Maybe that's what I should focus on. Should that be my "goal dress"? The outfit I have to wear? For grocery shopping for Christmas dinner?  ;)

2 comments:

  1. That would be so funny to see! I know how you feel, we just have to stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always hated it when the doctors told me I was "very healthy." Wait, what? I'm fat. But since they never mentioned it, I never did anything about it. Until last year. Something just clicked and I knew I needed to get it done. Healthy or not I want to wear new clothes! I knew how to do it, had been in weight watchers a few times--I knew the drill. You'll get there. Put on your game face and keep your chin up. One day at a time--if you look at the big picture it can be too overwhelming. If you need anything, I'm right across the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete