Monday, January 24, 2011

Day One - Motivation

Well, its almost bedtime and I survived day one of my "diet". Not too sure if I want to call this a diet. Lifestyle. Hmmm... I'll have to give that one some thought. How about me doing two blog posts too? Go me!


I think I did pretty well today. I had a few more snacks that I would have liked this afternoon but it was because I didn't have a big enough lunch. I need to get some more fruits and veggies. I love big salads, so I need to stock up next time we get groceries. 


I was also excited to get in my workout while my oldest was at school and my youngest was napping. I'm going to shoot for walking on the treadmill (my escape) for 30 minutes four times a week. I would like to work up to 45 minutes, but for the first month or so I will be good with 30 minutes. It's a hell of a lot more than I have been doing lately, so it's an improvement. I love my treadmill, it's like therapy for me. I have been craving it again, so I'm glad to be back. Let's just hope this sticks. 


I found a great motivator for myself this afternoon. It's something that shocked me. Made me feel really angry, and fueled me to DO THIS! 


I'm big on pictures and measurements to motivate myself. And not just "oh, I saw a picture of myself at a backyard BBQ and I looked like a house" pictures, I'm talking profile, side-view, and rear-view pictures of me in my undergarments. OK, if that isn't enough to scare anyone away what is? Stick with me, it gets worse. I took all my measurements, and put them into an Excel spreadsheet my IT loving husband made for me. I found a notebook to write out my food log and in this old notebook was a list of my measurements when I was at my smallest adult weight (160 - this is my drivers license weight, by the way - the size I was when I met my husband, my wedding weight - the size I don't think I will ever get back to, and honestly for the first time in about five years I am OK with that - honestly!). So I decided to plug in these "smallest" measurements along side my current measurements. I'm looking at the numbers thinking, "wow, look at those differences....". So I did this cool little formula thing to find out just how different the measurements were. Ummm, 11.5 inches different in my waist?!?! But the total difference in inches (all over), now that's the shocker.






40". Let me say that again, F-O-U-R-T-Y inches. How did I let myself go like that? Sigh... never again, right? Right. Damn right! 


40 inches is my mantra now. I'm doing this. I might not get back all 40 of those inches, but I'm going to get as many as possible. 


With that being said, here is weigh-in number one. The first of many. It can only get better from here.  :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment